Sunday 8 January 2012

village life

our village has about 3 houses
a church
a pub
a village hall

and it has Laura.

thanks to Laura, we have had Barb Jungr in our village hall just before she was off to perform at the Carlisle hotel in New York, some famous actor whose name (v frustratingly) escapes me came to perform Old Herbaceous (both incredible), and last night Neil Taylor (Robbie Williams' guitarist) was here to introduce his new CD. He brought along his mate, Steve Torch, who apparently wrote the lyrics to Cher's hit single believe - the pic below is them performing that (must confess I prefer Cher's version, but still).


below is a picture of the audience....


I said to Laura I wasn't sure I wanted to know how she has managed to persuade the various rock and other stars to honour our village with their presence (entirely inappropriate, of course, in an English village - 'oh, i just asked him' was the rather pointed response) - but to me, she deserves an MBE!


No comments:

Post a Comment