Sunday 29 May 2011

home cooking



last week i was served a lemon meringue roulade from the supermarket. absolutely delicious. 'is that something one can easily make at home?' i asked (doh - of course it is). i was at my ex-mother-in-law's, who when i first met her taught me that mince sauce does not come from a jar - instead it comes from the garden & you add a bit of sugar and vinegar. (really? really.)

yesterday i decided to try out my home made lemon meringue roulade on a friend, in anticipation of my parents coming to stay & look after the kids during their school holidays. the website i found had a link to 'how to make the perfect meringue'. i thought i already knew how to make the perfect meringue but clicked on it anyway. ah. very useful.

so the result was just amazing. absolute yum. best meringue i ever made in my life. lovely tangy lemony filling. and so incredibly easy to make. yes - definitely something i can serve my folks. (and lucky me, i get to eat it twice this week!) Smiley


No comments:

Post a Comment